Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

I'm gonna be a punk rocker for Halloween this year, and I don't have any ideas except from http://www.ehow.com/how_6959_create-punk... I need ideas about how punks look and act OTHER than what the article says. I have no idea about how to do my hair up in a mohawk or how to find a dog collar or "combat boots" (whatever they are). I also need work with my personality. I have two Halloween parties, a school dance, and trick or treating to do. I'm a really nice person, and have never done anything like this that involves being vicious. So I need you to answer:



1. How to do my hair in a mohawk (I have gel but I'm thinking of using knox gelatin or Ice Spiker...don't know how to though)



2. Where to get a dog collar or combat boots



3. How to temporarily change my personality (and facial expressions) from kind and considerate, to mean and vicious



4. ^ Help with all of the above please!!



Also heres a *bad* pic of me http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/...



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

Punks arent all mean and vicious. Punk is not something you be. Punk is undefinable therefore open for your own views.



If you want the stereotype punk look, use a spray on hair spray,red if you can. Its only temporary!



I recommend you not get a mohawk coz you dont have the hair type. Instead get loads of spikes around your hair(liberty spikes). Use IceSpiker because other gels wont work.



Combat boots are army type boots. That come up quite to your knees. They look like Wellington Boots if you know what i mean. A good brand for combat boots are Doc Marten, good luck fingin it.



I also say ,finish it with a leather jacket, drainpipe jeans(not too tight,otherwise you look emo) And do the whole DIY thing. Buy some chains, safety pins and stick onto your clothes!



Good Luck hahaa



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

Who says all punks are mean and vicious?



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

If your hair is still similar to what it looks like in your picture, then I would suggest just doing the 'spiked' look - using gel and making your hair stick up everywhere. You can also take some small sections and 'twist' it into a cone-like spike. I think that would probably work better than a mohawk. I would think you could get a dog collar at a store like Spencers. You probably don't want to buy combat boots just for a costume - just wear some black boots if you have them. Wear a black (kind of on the tight side) t-shirt and some fake tats, black eyeliner, maybe black lipstick, some wide black bracelets, maybe some face earings or a lipring, etc.



Good luck! Sounds fun! :)



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

You can shave your head if your being drastic and your family won't trip.



Otherwise trim/shave the sides, go in the shower just before you are going to dress up Halloween Nite/or for your Party and make sure your hair is wet (depending upon the type of gel you are using) if not then just take the gel and mess your hair up then stand it up and use a blow dryer.



Dog collar can go to a store like Hot Topic at your local mall, maybe even a pet shop in the section for larger dogs if your neck is smaller. Combat boots at the local Army Surplus store.



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

Not all Punks are mean. I Have a couple of guy friends all decked out in punk nicest guys you'd could wanna meet so don't sweat that. You don't have to do Mohawks or dog collars. Just do some spikes with spray on hair color ( the can's U find this time of year r fine) or a temporary black or red hair dye. some fake piercings check out Hot Topic ( That's a Store that sells punk / Goth clothes at the Mall Or on line )



Punk Costume?? (I'm helpless)?

You wont Pull it off anyway you look to much like a nerd no offence. Get another costume idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment